To read the latest TAPPI newsletter, click here or go to http://www.tappi.org/content/enewsletters/otw/otw_current.htm
- STORA ENSO reports that it will conduct a pre-feasibility study for a world-class pulp and paper mill complex in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, in close cooperation with the Russian government.
- CATHAY FOREST PRODUCTS, Toronto, Ont., reports that it plans to further expand its forestry business into Russia.
- MOHAWK FINE PAPERS has begun offsetting 100% of the annual electric power consumption across all of its operations in New York and Ohio with the purchase of 100 million kWh of renewable energy certificates (RECs).
- SOCIETY OF AMERICAN FORESTERS has awarded Scott Merkle, professor of forest biotechnology at the University of Georgia’s Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, its prestigious Barrington Moore Award.
- TAPPI’s Nominating/Honors Committee will accept nominations for the Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal, the Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Award, and for new TAPPI Fellows until August 1, 2007.
- Rob Peck keynotes the 2007 TAPPI PLACE Conference (September 16-19, 2007) in St. Louis, Missouri.