I just received the latest catalog for this fall’s 39th Conference on Senior Engineering Design Projects. It will be held on Tuesday, December 5, 2006 from 9am to 3pm at the Parkview Campus, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences. It is free and open to the public.
Some of the projects to be highlighted include:
- Surgical Tool Wireless Data Acquisition System
- Design and Fabrication of a Pumpkin Launcher
- Design of a Dynamic Ankle Brace
- “Geo-Caching” Location System
- Redesign of Hospital Food Service System
- Periodical Sales with Online Credit Card Processing
- Electronic Race Car Position Measurement System
- Swarm Behavior
- K3 Headbox Optimization
- Proposed Apartment Complex Development
As the catalog mentions, CEAS “sponsors the conference to showcase the work of its graduating seniors, who are required to complete a capstone project that puts into practice what they have learned.” This is a great way to see how creative our engineering students can be. The range of projects is truly amazing.
I will post a link here to the schedule once it’s been put up on the CEAS website.
I’ve just added this to my calendar! I hope you’ll add it to yours. See you there!